|Welcome to Lincoln High School|
|Mission and Vision|
|Meet the Administrators|
|Academic Boosters Club|
|Calendar of Events|
|Clubs & Organizations|
|Daily Memo Archive|
|Online Curricular Resources|
|Online Database Resources|
|Programs of Study|
|School Climate Report|
|Senior Year News|
|What's for Lunch|
LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL
February 17, 2014
ACT DATE REGISTRATION DEADLINE
April 12, 2014 March 7, 2014
June 14, 2014 May 9, 2014
SAT TEST REGISTRATION DEADLINE
March 8, 2014 February 7, 2014
May 3, 2014 April 4, 2014
June 7, 2014 May 9, 2014
PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
GPA = 3.00 Cumulative and 3.00 Core Classes
ACT = composite of 22 and 20 minimum in each sub category
November 1- Promise application posted on www.cfwv.com
January 1, 2014 – FAFSA forms will be available at www.fafsa.ed.gov
March 1, 2014 – Promise applications must be completed. ***************
1. WV Junior College has scholarships available to students who enroll. Go to WVJC.EDU/SCHOLARSHIPS for more information.
2. The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation has scholarship applications available on line. The application will be on our website: www.tgkvf.org on November 1, 2013
3. The PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP application will be available on November 1, 2013 at www.cfwv.com. Students with a 3.00 GPA both overall and core may apply. ACT scores may be reported all year.
4. The Mollohan Foundation has two scholarships available. The High Technology Scholars Program and the Helen Holt Mollohan Scholarship. Go to http://mollohanfoundation.org/student-programs/scholars for more information and an application. ****DEADLINE EXTENDED
5. Fairmont State University has two scholarships available at this time. The Charles J. McClain Presidential Scholarship is for students who have the Promise Scholarship, a 3.5 or higher GPA and at least a 26 composite on the ACT. Secondly, the Promise Beyond Scholarship is for students that qualify for the Promise and have their applications on file by March 1, 2014. ******
6. The AXA Achievement Scholarship in association with U.S. News and World Report provides scholarships to young people throughout the nation. Visit www.axa-equitable.com for more information.
7. The Harrison County Student Achievement Scholarship is now available. Any senior with a 3.2 GPA or higher may apply. Deadline is March 15, 2014. See Mrs. Decker for an application. ******
8. Burger King Scholars Program---seniors with a 2.5 GPA or higher may apply. Go to www.bkmclamorefoundation.org/WhatWeDo/ScholarsProgram
9. The Hotsinpiller Scholarship is now available. It is in memory of Lieutenant James Hotsipiller, Jr. ad Deputy United States Marshall Derek Hotsinpiller. Seniors with a 3.00 GPA and who have been accepted to a WV college or university and plan to major in criminal justice or another social science may apply. Deadline is March 1, 2014. ****
10. The Burnside Foundation Scholarship is now available. Students that receive the Promise are only eligible for the Burnside Scholarship if they are attending a private college. Students must have attended a Harrison County High School for four years to be eligible.
11. The Larry D. and Margaret D. Brown Scholarship is now available on line at www.pacfwv.com
Students with a 2.5 to a 3.2 GPA and have financial need may apply. Deadline is March 5, 2014.
12. The Buick Achievers Scholarship is now available. Seniors planning to attend four-college with a major in engineering, business or an interest in the automotive industry may apply. Deadline is February 28, 2014 and you may apply at www.buickachievers.com
13. The Monongalia General Hospital Scholarship is now available for students interested in a health profession. Deadline is March 15, 2014 and you may see Mrs. Decker for an application.
14. Students interest in an Art Scholarship at Fairmont State can see Mrs. Decker for more information concerning portfolio reviews. Interviews are scheduled March 7, 2014.
15. Applications for the WV Italian Heritage Scholarship are now available at www.wvihf.com. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2014.
16. The Timms Family Trust Scholarship for the Performing Arts is now available. Students interested in dance, musical theatre, drama, etc. may apply. Deadline is March 31, 2014. See Mrs. Decker for an application.
17. The WV Pumpkin festival has scholarships available. Deadline is March 31, 2014. See Mrs., Decker for more information.
1. The Mikey Hart Memorial Scholarship is available for students with a 2.5 GPA or higher and who plan to study Fire Fighting or Paramedic training. First consideration given to Barbour or Randolph County applicants, but others may apply. See Mrs. Decker for full details.
2. The Charles H.Feoppel Educational Loan Trust is now accepting applications for the Fall of 2014. See Mrs. Decker for a brochure or visit http://wvloangrantapplications.org
3. West Fork Conservation District has a scholarship available for students in Harrison county with a 3.00 GPA. See Mrs. Decker for more information. Deadline is March 5th.
4. The Clarksburg League for Service has scholarships available. Deadline is March 31, 2014. See Mrs. Decker for an application or visit www.theclarksburgleagueforservice.org
5. The West Virginia Federation of Women’s Clubs has scholarships available. See Mrs. Decker for more information. Deadline is April 1st. One application for the Shinnston Club and one application for the state scholarship are available.
6. The Fraternal Order of Orioles has scholarships available. Deadline is April 15th. See Mrs. Decker for an application.
7. Some scholarships you may find on www.cfwv.com are 1. Mystery Writers of America Scholarship 2. Glenn miller instrumentalists and Vocalists Scholarship 3. Engineer Girl Scholarship 4. WV Engineering, Science and Technology Scholarship 5. Frame My Future Scholarship 6. Society of professional Journalists Essay Contest 7. Doodle for Google Scholarship 8. ASCO numatics Engineering Scholarship 9. From Failure to Promise Essay Contest 10. Common Knowledge Scholarship Trivia Contest etc.