|Welcome to Lincoln High School|
|Mission and Vision|
|Meet the Administrators|
|Academic Boosters Club|
|Calendar of Events|
|Clubs & Organizations|
|Daily Memo Archive|
|Online Curricular Resources|
|Online Database Resources|
|Programs of Study|
|School Climate Report|
|Senior Year News|
|What's for Lunch|
Guidance Office News
LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL
February 25, 2015
ACT DATE REGISTRATION DEADLINE
April 18, 2015 March 13, 2015
June 13, 2015 May 8, 2015
SAT TEST REGISTRATION DEADLINE
May 2, 2015 April 6, 2015
June 6, 2015 May 8, 2015
PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
GPA = 3.00 Cumulative and 3.00 Core Classes
ACT = composite of 22 and 20 minimum in each sub category
November 1- Promise application posted on www.cfwv.com
January 1, 2015 – FAFSA forms will be available at www.fafsa.ed.gov
March 1, 2015 – Promise applications must be completed. ***************
APRIL 15 –FAFSA DEADLINE FOR WV HIGHER EDUCATION GRANT PROGRAM
1. The Timms Family Trust Scholarship for the Performing Arts is now available for seniors who plan to major in dance, drama, musical theatre or vocal performance. See Mrs. Decker for an application or more information. Deadline is March 16, 2015.
2. The Harrison County Student Achievement Scholarship is now available. Deadline is March 25, 2015. Seniors must have a 3.2 GPA to apply. See Mrs. Decker for more information.
3. The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation has scholarships available beginning November 1, 2014. The website is www.tgkvf.org. Be sure to read all information before starting the application.
4. Visit www.collegeexpress.com for additional scholarship information.
5. The National FFA Foundation has scholarships available. To apply go to www.FFA.org/scholarships . Ford, John Deere and Tractor Supply are sponsors.
6. The Larry D. and Margaret D. Brown Scholarship is now available. Students with a 2.5 to 3.2 GPA on a 4.00 scale may apply. Students must have financial need and plan to attend a full-time course of study. Applications are on the web at www.pacfwv.com . Deadline is March 4, 2015.
7. The Hotsinpiller Scholarship is now available to students pursuing a career in Law Enforcement. See Mrs. Decker for an application. Deadline is March 2, 2015.
8. Alpha Delta Kappa – Madge McDaniel Memorial Scholarship is now available to seniors who plan to major in education. Deadline is March 14, 2015. See Mrs. Decker for an application.
9. The Jim Bailey Scholarship is now available to seniors who plan to attend post-secondary vocational and technical programs. The application is available at www.wvapt.org. Deadline is April 15, 2015.
10. The Dylan Jeffries Annual Scholarship applications are now available. Deadline is April 15, 2015. See Mrs. Decker for more information and an application.
11. The Harrison County Farm Bureau has scholarships available for students whose family is a member of the Farm Bureau. Deadline is May 1, 2015. See Mrs. Decker for an application.
12. The Fraternal Order Orioles has scholarships available. See Mrs. Decker for an application. Deadline is May1, 2015.
13. The Warren and Betty Burnside Foundation has scholarships available. Students who do not receive the Promise Scholarship are encouraged to attend. Those students planning to attend a private college and have received the Promise Scholarship may also apply. Deadline is March 15th. See Mrs. Decker for an application.
14. Applications are now open for the Buick achievers Scholarship. Visit www.buickachievers.com for more information. Deadline is February 27, 2015.
15. Your Community Foundation has scholarships available for Harrison County Students. Applications are available at www.ycfwv.org or call (304) 296-3433.
a. Andrew Martin ”Bo” Harper Scholarship
b. The Catherine Flynn Morrison Memorial Scholarship is available for those interested in teaching.
c. Jean and Laurence DeLynn Scholarship provides a renewable scholarship for students whose parents or grandparents are full-time employees of Mylan Pharmaceuticals who living or working in the greater Morgantown area.
d. Jim Dunn/Friends of Track and Field Scholarship provides for students who plan to participate in cross country or track at the collegiate level.
e. Monica Joyce and Randal W. Valentine Scholarship benefits a son or daughter of a member of I.U.O.E. Local 132 who has been accepted to an accredited trade or technical school.
f. Ernest Daniel Conaway, Raymond Guy Baker and Everett Reece Baker Memorial Scholarship provides for students studying medicine or engineering at WVU.
1. The Foundation of Monongalia General Hospital has scholarships available for those students going into a medical field. Deadline is March 15th. See Mrs. Decker for an application.
2. The Auxiliary to United Hospital Center has scholarships available for students going into a health field. Students must have a 3.00 GPA. Deadline is April 25th. See Mrs. Decker for an application.
3. Clarksburg League for Service has two scholarships available – one general scholarship and one community service. See Mrs. Decker for an application. One deadline is March 31, 2015 and the other is April 30th.
4. Alpha Delta Kappa (Alpha Upsilon chapter) has a $500 Merit Scholarship available. Deadline is March 31st. See Mrs. Decker for an application.
5. The Tom Stockert Foundation has scholarships available for students with a 3.00 GPA and financial need. Deadline is April 15th. See Mrs. Decker for an application.
6. The Albert Yanni Scholarship is now available for those students who are vocational completers and wish to continue their education in a career or technical field. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2015. See Mrs. Decker for an application.
7. The WV Desk and Derrick Club has scholarships available for students planning to go into the energy field. Deadline is April 15. See Mrs. Decker for more information.
8. American Association of University Women has a scholarship available. Deadline is March 31st. See Mrs. Decker for more information.