The Battalion Commander is responsible for...
- making operational decisions for the Cadet Battalion/Detachment
- designating particular areas for inspection and/or supervision by members of the staff (requires reports as necessary)
- inspecting work or staff orders
- presiding over officer calls
- making sure that all orders given, which require the attention of the members of the command, are passed clearly and without delay
- working with school authorities in coordinating activities of the Cadet Battalion/Detachment with the other organizations of the school, and making sure that battalion activities are in accordance with school policy
The Executive Officer...
- acts as commander of the troops
- assumes command of the Cadet Battalion in the absence of the Battalion Commander
- advises the battalion in the formation of policy and plans the activities of the Cadet Battalion
- directs and coordinates the Cadet Battalion Staff
- inspects the work of the Battalion Staff and makes other inspections as directed by the Battalion Commander
The Adjutant (S-1) is responsible for...
- preparing records and reports to the Cadet Battalion
- maintaining cadet records
- assigning cadets to units
- publishing Cadet Battalion orders
- maintaining the attendance rosters
- maintaining the Cadet Battalion information bulletin
- acting as secretary to cadet promotion and awards boards
The Security Officer (S-2)...
- executes the Battalion Security Plan
- conducts monthly inventory of important items to include air rifles and computer equipment
- controls access to Battalion classrooms and facilities
- maintains the Battalion Key Control Plan
The Operations Officer (S-3) handles...
- the organization of the Cadet Battalions' operations, such as parades, reviews and extracurricular events
- the preparation of the training schedule
- the supervision and planning of field events
- the marking and preparing of parade fields for reviews and other military ceremonies
- the inspection of cadet training compliance
- the maintenance of the JROTC reference library
The Logistics and Support Officer (S-4) is responsible for...
- maintaining accountability of all non-training equipment and supplies used by the Cadet Battalion
- preparing requisitions for equipment and supplies as required for Cadet Battalion operations
- issuing clothing, insignia, and other supply items as directed by the Battalion Commander and the SAI
- advising the Battalion Commander of supply requirements of operations as they occur
The Public Affairs Officer (S-5) is responsible for...
- publishing and executing the Cadet Battalion's Recruiting Plan
- providing articles about the Cadet Battalion for use in the public media
- coordinating public service events and planning such events in coordination with the S3
- providing articles concerning the Cadet Battalion to the school newspaper
The Cadet Sergeant Major is responsible for
- assisting the Battalion Commander as directed
- supervising the activities of the First Sergeant
- supervising the Color Guard
- supervising the roll call during classes
- supervising the police of the JROTC classrooms, office spaces and areas in which JROTC activities take place
The Company Commander is the person who...
- conducts training and supervises the discipline of the company
- directs cadets in the manner of maintaining a good military bearing and appearance
- supervises the completion of the class training schedule within the company
- ensures that all officers and NCOs in the company are thoroughly familiar with TC 22-5
- makes inspections of cadets in ranks with company officers
- makes recommendations to the Cadet Battalion Commander on promotions in the company
- reports all disciplinary cases to the Cadet Battalion Commander without delay
- uses the chain of command to the utmost when issuing orders or making corrections
The Company First Sergeant is responsible for..
- being the NCO-in-Charge of the company
- supervising the training of the company and conducts company drill
- taking the roll during class periods and other company and battalion formations
The Platoon Leader/Sergeant oversees...
- his/her platoon when the Company Commander is not in charge of the formation
- the training, discipline and appearance of the platoon
- the attendance of the cadets in the platoon
The Squad Leader...
- is responsible to the platoon leader and the platoon sergeant for the appearance and discipline of the squad
- conducts squad drill
- knows the number of personnel and the names of the members of the squad at all times
- makes an accurate report by name of those persons present and absent during class activities, company formations, and other battalion activities
- conducts weekly inspections of the squad
becomes thoroughly familiar with TC 22-5
Robert C. Byrd High School is not responsible if individuals
continue on to sites that are deemed inappropriate.