Welcome to our website! The following information is provided to assist you with application to the Program. Please feel free to call us if you have questions.
Collectively, our faculty have over 46 years of teaching expertise.
Monica Iaquinta, RN, MSN
Pamela Nussear, RN, BSN
Kendra Westfall, RN, BSN
The Practical Nursing Program is a 12 month, adult preparatory program of study operated
by United Technical Center and accredited by the West Virginia State Board of Examiners for
Licensed Practical Nurses and North Central Association.
The successful graduate is eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for
Practical Nursing. Passage of the exam confers a license to practice Practical Nursing. To date,
United Technical Center's School of Practical Nursing has a 99.9% State Board pass rate on the
first attempt since the program's inception in 1967. Employment opportunities remain strong, and
graduates find employment in nursing homes, doctor's offices, clinics, hospitals, and corrections.
Many options are available for those who desire to pursue further education to Registered
Nursing through college or university articulation agreements. To view the program brochure, click
on the link:
1. Call UTC (304-326-7583) to register for the pre-entrance examination, request, and
submit an application.
2. Content areas of the exam include: reading, English, mathematics, and science.
3. Contact the school for information about pre-entrance exam preparation or
visit the website: http://ATItesting.com to purchase a review manual for the TEAS V.
4. Applicants will receive a letter in the mail with the date and time of testing at UTC.
5. Applicants who meet the testing standard are scheduled for a personal interview, and
persons should practice interview skills and be dressed appropriately.
6. Submit transcripts and letters of reference prior to the interview.
7. Selection is made based upon test results, transcripts, letters of reference, and the interview.
*Cost of Program
The approximate cost of the program is $6800.00 for the school year. Financial aid is
available to those who qualify. Further information about financial aid may be obtained by calling
304-326-7584. Persons should first complete the FAFSA, which may be done on-line.
Click on "Expenses" for more information: Expenses
A mandatory prerequisite for entrance into the Practical Nursing Program is Medical
Terminology. This course is offered at UTC as an on-line class. Math for Medications is strongly
recommended for persons who need remedial assistance and is offered as an evening course. Both
courses are offered in the fall and spring of the school year. To register for either class, please
call 304-326-7590 after 5:00 p.m.
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."